Wow, I cannot believe we are already in New York! We are staying in Albany, NY tonight and are only a three hour drive from our new "home" tomorrow. So crazy. Yesterday was a long day of driving from Iowa to Ohio and we had another breakdown with our good 'ole Penske truck.The starter went out. Fortunately we were able to get a hold of Penske (even late on a Saturday afternoon) and they were able to send a mechanic to fix it. That set us back about two hours and by the time we were on the road again, we were in the middle of a good old fashioned mid west storm, complete with lots of rain and thunder and lightening. John did great maneuvering in the big truck.
Tomorrow we will arrive in Boston. I can't wait to open the door to our apartment and check out every room to visualize and plan how we will set things up and make the apartment
ours. We are so blessed by the opportunity for John to attend Harvard Business School and to live in Boston these next two years. We are excited to embrace this new lifestyle and to make the most of our time there. Pictures of moving day and our new apartment to come soon!
 |
| Crossing the Mississippi River |
 |
| Not too happy about another breakdown... |
 |
| John is pretty excited about driving |
char bear! that pic of you beside the broken truck is so cute ; )
ReplyDeleteas I type this you are carrying stuff up to your new place .... wonder how its going? I know that you and John will make it Home and will be so happy there!
Love you both!
Mom
Seeing you in NY already makes it all so REAL! Weird. I have relatives in Albany, NY. It sounds like beautiful country out there. God bless you guys!
ReplyDelete