Hello again! With internet up, I now have time to update you on our arrival and what we have been up to since the last post. We arrived in Cambridge on Monday early afternoon and were greeted with a downpour of rain (nothing like the Oregon drizzle). Maybe Boston wanted us to feel welcome and at home? Not sure, but it rained hard the entire time we unloaded our moving truck. It really wasn't too bad; it was just funny.
It was surreal to me driving up to our new apartment and observing my new surroundings. We were here! "Home" for the next two years in Cambridge and we had finally arrived. John had been here to visit and sign the lease papers in June, but I had only seen it through pictures and google maps. It looked as I imagined it. The inside was much older than what I was expecting but it is exactly what you get when living in a "historic" house. Most of the little quirks are overshadowed by the fabulous charm and character the place has.
I realized quickly that the apartment needed A LOT of cleaning and some painting. We spent the following days doing exactly that. I really do love cleaning, organizing and finding a home for everything in a new place. However, the task was still a bit daunting. Here we are though at the end of the week and feeling quite accomplished. Things are starting to fall in to place and the boxes are slowly disappearing.
Others things we have done:
- Drove all around the city and beyond to Home Depot, IKEA, Target, etc
- Visited Toscanini's Ice Cream -- NY Times calls it "Best Ice Cream in the World"
- Walked from our house to Trader Joes in 7 minutes for groceries (love it)
- Paid for coin-op laundry for the first time in my life, something I will have to get used to quickly!
- Ate at Dimitrio's, a legit pizza place just one block from our apartment
![]() |
| Trader Joe's, Cambridge style :) |
Here are a few pictures from the move. I will add more pictures of the house once it is all arranged and pretty!
| Our apartment is on the 2nd floor of the tan house on left |
| View from front door. Kitchen to right, dining rm. to left, living rm. straight ahead |
| Living rm looking towards front door |
| Dining rm |
| Quaint bathroom |
![]() |
| Dining rm --all moved in |
![]() |
| Painting fun |




C-bear and John,
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! The apartment looks fabulous. Congratulations. You two will do just fine. Love the blog.
Tammy
Your apartment looks SO adorable! I'm so happy for you guys and to see you settling into your new home.
ReplyDeletelove the video and pics char! can't wait to come and visit ~ love you guys!
ReplyDeleteMom
Love your apartment! It reminds me of our place in la. Old and quirky but o so charming. So cool that you can walk go trader joes. A little piece of home, right? Love and miss you guys
ReplyDelete