Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Clambake Fun

On Labor Day the Harvard Partners Program hosted a Clambake at a nearby marina for students and partners, as a way to meet and get to know each other. It was a beautiful venue overlooking the water and we had delicious seafood to boot! I had my first "whole" lobster to pick apart and figure out how to eat. That was fun and messy :) They even provided us with cute little lobster bibs to wear, as you can see in the picture below.

I love how the lobster is perfectly positioned in front of me, where the arms on my bib look like it goes with the lobster on my plate! Haha.
Posing by the marina :)
 

We met some great people at our table that we got along with well. It was a great event and now we can say we have been to a NE Clambake :)

One night last weekend we ventured downtown to try out a famous restaurant in Boston that has been in operation since 1827, Durgin Park and it didn't disappoint! We took our first subway ride to get there, with lots of walking in between, but it was so worth it. 
Street in downtown Boston

Decisions...decisions...

My delicious shrimp dish

The moon was beautiful that night!

Famous Harvard Square news stand. Had to have a pic :)

2 comments:

  1. Durgin Park! I went there about 50 years ago. Yikes! Where did the time go? Thanks for the updates. I enjoy them very much. Love, Dad/Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the clambake on Labor day looks like it was such fun : ) you both are so cute in your Lobster bibs! In Maine they say "Lobstah" : ) Great pics Charity, so happy we can share in your amazing experiences thru your blog. I Love the pics of downtown Boston ~ can't wait til Dad & I come and visit : )
    Love you guys!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete