Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nashville Fun

I had the great opportunity to visit my dear friend Melissa and her family for a few days in Nashville. Little Sol is 5 weeks old and just the cutest little thing and Mav is a witty 2 year old that is full of fun and calls me "Terdy" (can't make out the "chaa" sound very well). I have had a blast spending time with them and hanging out in Nashville for the last few days. I planned my trip around my good friend Renee's visit to see her sister, so we have had some fun girl time (amongst the kid time) the last few days.

Yesterday we went shopping in downtown Franklin, which had adorable little boutique shops.
Sisters with the kiddos

Lunch at a southern classic - Puckett's


Pulled pork, smashed sweet potatoes, baked beans and cornbread. Yumm!!

Then tonight we celebrated Melissa's birthday by enjoying dinner and dessert at City House, a cute trendy restaurant near downtown Nashville.

Dinner at City House

Birthday girl with yummy dessert

I will miss my friends so much as I say good-bye tomorrow morning :( It doesn't get any easier saying good-bye, even though we have not all lived in the same town together since 2006. I am truly blessed by their friendship and am so thankful that even though thousands of miles separate us from each other, we still make the effort to keep in touch and stay apart of each others' lives. So this is not "good-bye", but "see you next time". I love you Melissa and Renee!! Thank you for the memories and I look forward to "next time".
Awful of me, but cute of the little man.

The many faces of Sol

Precious boy

Love this boy

No comments:

Post a Comment