First stop was Kennenbunkport, ME which I could have spent hours wandering through all the cute shops. At Christmastime the entire town turns into "Christmas Wonderland" with many festivals and festive activities. I cannot wait to go back during the holidays!
Next stop was a little town about 15 minutes away where we ate lunch at Cape Pier Chowder House, which was right on the bay. We sat out on the deck and basked in the sunshine. It was very charming and the food was delicious! The picture below is of the lobster that our friend Troy ordered.
![]() |
| She grabbed this right from the tank behind her... |
![]() |
| then boiled it up and here is the edible version |
We pulled off on a random road that led us to this beautiful "private" beach. Interesting that the owners who own property on this private beach "let" the public use it. Much different than Oregon, where all beaches are public. So kind of them to share.
On Sunday, John and I drove out to Cape Ann, MA to the town of Rockport. This is a famous little town where many movies have been filmed. The Proposal is one of those movies. It was fun to recognize areas in the town from the movie. There is a pier sort of thing that jets out into the water a bit and at the end has some large rocks where you can sit and enjoy the view of the ocean. On that particular day there was a violinist playing classical music in the area where we sat and it was so peaceful. Here we were overlooking the ocean and bay where ships were coming and going. Sitting in shorts enjoying the heat of the sun, with beautiful music playing in the background. I felt like I was in a movie it was so perfect.
We were blessed with wonderful weather last weekend and today feels more like the fall weather we are used to, rainy.
I am happy to report that I am now officially employed! I started my new job today at Harvard University. I was hired for a temporary 10 week assignment that will end the middle of December, but I am very excited about the opportunities this will open up and the wonderful people I will meet. Tomorrow we are heading up to New Hampshire for John's section retreat, which should be a lot of fun. It is a great opportunity to meet and get to know his classmates and other partners in the section. I am sure there will be some fun stories to share when I return.















Love reading your updates, Char!
ReplyDeleteCharity! sure enjoyed this new post and all of the pictures : ) sure giving me lots of ideas for when I come and visit!
ReplyDeletelove, Mom